Puerto Princesa : Underground River Tour
** New Pick Up Time of 5.30am, due to rescheduling of tour start times **
** HOLIDAY ADVISORY: The Underground River will be closed on Dec 25, 2015 and Jan 1, 2016 as celebration of Christmas and New Year.**
This Whole Day Tour takes you on a journey from Puerto Princesa to Sabang, stopping en route to view other natural attractions, such as Elephant Mountain; one of the locations used for Amazing Race Asia.
Total Adult Price: 1,919PHP Total Child Price: 1,159PHP**
*** No Hidden or Extra Charges ***
This tour includes:-
- Round-trip, Air-con Van Transfer (2 hours each way)
- Complimentary Buffet lunch
- Motorized Boat Transfer
- All Entrance Fees & Permits
- DOT Licensed English-speaking Tour Guide
- 45 minute Canoe Tour of the Underground River
- Audio Device Fee
Upon arrival in Sabang, your Tour Guide will visit the Underground River Authorities Office to be given the time slot of your party’s issued permits. Based on this time slot you will either have your complimentary lunch before or after your tour.
Please be advised that you will be required to wait for your slot and this can sometimes be from 1 hour to 2 hours. There are lots of souvenir and refreshments stalls to enjoy n the meantime.
You will take a motorised Banka to the Entrance Beach, a beautiful forest area home to a number of endemic species, including a troop of naughty Macaque’s. The canoe tour in to the Cave itself lasts approximately 45 minutes, and takes you into the first 1.5 kilometres of the Underground River cave.
Experience the beauty of Stalagmites and Stalactites, which took thousands of years to form, and the Swift and Bat populations that inhabit the cave.
There is also an opportunity to add on the Sabang X-Zipline or a Mangrove Tour, which can take place before or after your Underground River Tour. Ask us about this in the Traveller’s Request Box (2nd page of your Booking form)
IMPORTANT: This Tour is currently booked up to a week in advance and can be FULLY Booked up to a Month in advance during peak seasons (December, January, March, April and May).
Please make sure you make a booking as early as possible and provide the names & nationalities of all travellers, and the hotel for pick-up, at the time of booking in order to facilitate quicker processing of your tour permits.
Some Information about Palawan’s Underground River:
- The Underground River is part of the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park; a UNESCO World HeritageSite.
- The Underground River is one of the longest navigable underground rivers in the world, with a total length of 8.2 Kilometers
- In 2012 The Puerto Princesa Underground River was awarded the title ‘7th New Wonder of the Natural World‘, which saw a significant spike in visitor figures throughout 2012 and into 2013.
- One of the distinguishing features of the Underground River is that it flows directly into the sea, which means the river is subject to tidal influence.
- The Watershed area of the river, where you will join your tour, forms part of the primary forest and is home to many endemic species of animals, such as the shy Tabon Bird, White Breasted Sea Eagles and if you are lucky you might see a Palawan Hornbill.
- You will almost definitely see lots of Crab-eating Macaques; monkeys, and are advised to keep your bags close to hand. Also, avoid bringing plastic carrier bags, as the monkeys associate these with food being inside
While booking this tour, you can also choose from our range of accommodation in Puerto Princesa to compliment your Palawan trip.
Please Note: This tour is a whole day activity due to the 2 hour journey, each way to Sabang, and is therefore not offered as a half-day tour.
** New Pick Up Time of 5.30am, due to rescheduling of tour start times **
The tour of the Underground River itself lasts approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Pick-up location at your hotel
- A mini-van will take you to Sabang; a 2 hour drive with comfort break and the opportunity to stop off and photograph other natural attractions.
- At Sabang, your Tour Guide will be given the time slot of your party’s issued permits. You may be required to wait for up to 2 hours for your party’s slot – this is out of our control, and our tour operators.
- Based on this time slot you will either have your complimentary lunch before your tour, or afterwards.
- You will be back in Puerto Princesa around 5pm, depending on your Tour Slot OR if you add on the Zipline or Mangrove Tour. There may be some occasions when you will arrive back later.
- If you have flights that same evening it is possible to arrange for Early Permits/ Tours, subject to availability. BUT these are reserved only for guests who have flights later that same evening. Copies of flight tickets are required by the Underground River Authority before they will release early permits.
Valid ID Card: Please bring a valid Identification Card (Passport, License, Company or School Card) during the tour in order to validate your permit at the tourism office in Sabang Port.
Travellers may need to bring/wear:
- Bug Repellent
- Sun Screen
- Rain Coat or hat (you may get wet whilst in the cave)
- Bottled Water
- Swim Wear/Change of Clothes
- Cash for souvenirs
- Avoid bringing plastic carrier bags as the monkeys at The Watershed associate these with food being inside
Visitor Limitation Policy: Early Booking is a must (at least a month prior to arrival) to avoid disappointment, as there is only a very limited number of people, per day, given permits to visit this natural wonder.
This limitation was made in an effort by the local government to lessen the environmental impact that humans may bring to the natural habitat of endangered species which are endemic to the Underground Cave and surrounding Park.
Please be advised that it is the traveller’s responsibility to advise us of any changes to hotel or pick up point a minimum of 24 hoursprior to the tour date or to contact the Tour Operator direct (number will be provided on the Booking Voucher). We can not guarantee that last minute changes can be accommodated as the office of our Tour Operator shuts at 5.30pm and pick-ups start at 5.30am
Government Taxes and Service Charges: Are already included in the per Person Rates. The Price for this tour is ALL-IN.
For Tours taken from 1st January, the Child Price has increased to 1,159PHP
- Children 2 years and under are not allowed to take part in the Underground River Tour for safety reasons.
- Children Rate applies to children 5 years or less.
- Children older than 5 years of age are charged at adult rate.
- Our Tour Operator reserves the right to request additional payment, at point of hotel pick-up, for children who have been booked on to the tour at Children’s Rate but who are older than 5 years of age.
AmendmentsPolicy: Amendments requested to either the Tour Date, or the name of one of the participants, will be subject to an Amendment Fee of Php 300 per person, where the Visitor’s Entry Permit has already been secured.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellation by guests, for the Underground River Tour shall be subject to a cancellation fee of Php 300 per person once the Visitor’s Entry Permit has been secured.
- Cancellation made less than 7 days before the tour date shall be subject to 25% cancellation per tour per person, along with any permit fees where the permit has already been secured
- Cancellation made one (1) day prior to tour date shall be subject to 50% cancellation per tour per person, along with any permit fees where the permit has already been secured
- Cancellation made on the actual tour date shall be charged in full amount. No show will incur full amount charge.
On occasion, the URA may take the decision to close the Tour. This is usuallywhen there is a perceived risk to the safety of its guests, due to weather conditions impacting on the rivers current/tides.
Where possible the Tour Operator will organise an alternative date or tour activity, otherwise a full refund will be provided by Go Discover Travel.
HOW TO BOOK: after you clicked on book now button, will open new window, on this window select PUERTO PRINCESA TOURS mask at top
I am interested to go to uder ground river . My flight is on October,31 from Manila to Purto Princesa. I will be arrived at 8.30 am.
How I can reach your office ? Do you have any office in airport?